Distance: 2 miles
Roughly 2 miles, with no steep hills. We walk at a gentle pace, frequently stopping to discuss the flora.
This walk needs to be timed with the tide times as the footpath along the edge of the creek is underwater at high tide. The edge of the creek is quite muddy so ensure you have appropriate footwear. The footpath on the foreshore passes over an area of bedrock which is slippery when wet.
Duration: 4 hours
The walk usually lasts around 4 hours, but this can vary depending on group size and speed levels, plus I do get easily carried away and often run over time so if you need to leave by a certain time please let me know at the beginning.
This is a dog friendly location. Large dogs may need help over about 3 of the stiles. Medium-sized dogs should be able to squeeze through gaps.
What to Bring
- Plate or bowl and fork or spoon for the cook-up at the end
- Something to drink (we mean water not alcohol, but we won't judge!)
- Something to sit on at the end (a blanket or coat if you don't fancy sitting on sand or grass)
- A basket or bag to collect things
- Notepad to take notes
- Camera to take visual notes
- Snacks (if you need tiding over until the food at the end of the walk)
What to Wear
Please wear sturdy footwear and dress for the weather. The footpath passes over an area of bedrock which is slippery when wet. I would recommend wellies, or shoes you don't mind getting wet.